A veteran of the financial services industry since 1970, John Huntington brings experience as a financial advisor. During his career, John also ran his own General Agency with the Guardian in Rhode Island and also served as a Field Vice President at the Guardian Home Office in New York City.
Experienced in retirement income, John designs and helps implement tax and cost efficient plans for individuals, professionals and business owners with economics based strategies. Also, as part of his insurance practice, he uses the Lifetime Economic Acceleration Process (LEAP) to help clients analyze the use of their cash flows. The process allows them to understand their protection, savings and growth objectives and to identify existing resources to fund the products that can help meet those objectives. This results in working towards maximizing retirement income stream options available from their accumulated assets.
John teaches both new and experienced financial services professionals as well as accountants and attorneys on the latest integrated financial strategies in the market.
John and his wife, Roberta, are parents of five adult children and proud grandparents of eight. They reside in Westerly, Rhode Island and Boston, Massachusetts.
Areas of Practice
Insurance and Investment - Qualified and Non-Qualified Retirement Plans - Disability Income Insurance - Business Planning - Charitable Planning - Estate Planning - Executive Benefit Planning
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Member and Past State President-RI
- 40 year Life and Qualifying member of the Million Dollar Roundtable (MDRT)
- National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame, RI Chapter - Founder and Past President
- Professional Advisor Committee of the Rhode Island Foundation, Past Member
- Incorporator of the Westerly Library Association
- Stonington Men’s Club, Member
Education and Professional Designations
Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
Colgate University, B.A.